Jumaat, September 05, 2008

What a confusion!

Conversation of Mr.William Knott and Mr. Watt.


> >> > "Who's calling?"                                                   > >> > "Watt."


> >> > "What is your name, please?"                               > >> > "Watt's my name."


> >> > "That's what I asked you. What's your name?"   > >> > "That's what I told you. Watt's my name.


A long pause, and then from Watt,


                                                                                     > >> > "Is this James Brown?"


> >> > "No, this is Knott."                                            > >> > " Then, Please tell me your name."


> >> > "Will Knott."                                                       > >> > "Why not?"


> >> > "Huh? What do you mean why not?"            > >> > "Yeah! Why won't you tell me your name?"


> >> > "But I told you my name!"                            > >> > "Didn't you say you will not?"


> >> > "Not not, Knott, Will Knott!"                       > >> > "That's what I mean."


> >> > "So you know my name."                            > >> > "Of course not!"


> >> > "Good. So now, what is yours?"                            > >> > "Watt. Yours?"


> >> > "Your name!"                                                        > >> > "Watt's my name."


> >> > "How the hell do I know? I am asking you!"   


                                                            > >> > "Look I have been very patient and I have told you my name and you have not even told me yours yet."


> >> > "You have been patient, what about me? I have told you my name so many times and it is you who have not told me yours yet."


                                                                                       > >> > "Of course not!"


> >> > "See, you even know my name!"                           > >> > "Of course not!"


> >> > "Then why do you keep saying of course Knott?"  > >> > "Because I don't."


Pause....


> >> > "What is your name?"                                > >> > "See, you know my name!"


 >> > "Of course not!"                                           > >> > "Then why do you keep asking Watt is your name?"


> >> > "To find out your name!"                         > >> > "But you already know it!"                                   


> >> > "What?"                                                    > >> > "See...> >> > "...And you know mine!"


> >> > "Of course not!"                                    > >> > "Exactly!"


>NOW THEY ARE AT A POINT WHERE BOTH THINK THE OTHER KNOWS THEIR NAME, BUT THEY THEMSELVES DON'T KNOW THE OTHER'S NAME.


> >> > "Listen, listen, if I asked you what your name is, what will be your answer?"         > >> > "Watt's my name."


> >> > "No, no, give me only one word."                                > >> > "Watt"


> >> > "Your name!"                                                                > >> > "Right!"


>Pause before it hits him,


> >> > "Oh, Wright!"                                                                > >> > "Yeah!"


> >> > "So why didn't you say it before?"                    > >> > "I told you so many times!"


> >> > "You never said Wright before..."                        > >> > "Of course I did."


> >> > "Ok I won't argue any more. Do you know my name?"    > >> > "I do not."


> >> > "Well, there you go, now we know each other's name."    > >> > "I do not!"


> >> > "Good!"


>Pause before it hits him,


                                                                                                > >> > "Oh, Guud!"


> >> > "Good."                                                        > >> > "No wonder, it took me so long, is that Dutch?"


> >> > "No, it's Knott!"                                            > >> > "Oh, okay. At least the names are clear now, Guud."


> >> > "Yes, Wright."


>NOW THEY BOTH THINK THEY KNOW EACH OTHER'S NAME AS WELL!!!


now, do you confused?


Powered by Qumana


Tiada ulasan: